Image result for how to be a less talkative personI've been quiet for as a long as I remember myself(I'm 20).I didn’t really care about it before because I had best friends who accepted me for who I am. However, after I left my friends and moved to another country I realized that I can’t build friendships with people. I go to college and I never can make decent conversation with anyone, I barely ever talk. I know it’s strange but I know how to smile, I know how to keep eye contact, be friendly, confident, and curious. When I try to talk to someone I ask open-ended questions but they never lead to conversation. I just can’t open up anyone and I never really open up myself. I don’t even talk much to my relatives and parents. I always read news, books, magazines,watch movies but it still doesn't help me to open up. I even tried different clubs but I always quit because I can’t connect with anyone there. I know people who only play games and don’t read at all but even they seem to be much more socialized than I am.I feel so lonely right now.


I think problem is with processing information in our brains and with the way we think. For example, I have always less to say than talkative person even If I went through the same experiences with that person. Whether it's movie, trips, parties, college classes, teachers I always have limited thoughts, thus my conversation is rather dull. I believe that it can be changed and we can improve our abilities to talk, we just need learn to think the way talkative people do. However, I currently don't know how talkative people process information which is why I'm asking you for help.

It seems I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried to change my actions first without changing thoughts first but that has gone nowhere. Now I'm trying to change my thoughts in the hopes that actions will follow. I'm stuck on how to change my thoughts though. I don't know how to go about it. It not as easy as just thinking good thoughts.

I find a talkative person may speak before thought. Not saying they are bad people.

Just not me.

I am a quiet person.

In Socialworld I feel I cannot take the needed amount of time to think. I will answer quickly. Say what I thought of something in three words.It was good. 

I am starting to ignore that feeling and taking my time.

You'll never know nor understand how a talkative person processes information. Like quiet people we're all different and will have different ways. 

This is from the mind of a quiet person.

I never used to be this quiet at all. I literally say nothing now. It's made work life very difficult. I literally can't find anything to say, then over analyze everything, and the pressure builds! I thought perhaps looking at things from another perspective would help, that's my new objective. I notice that talktative people, extroverts, are more openly curious about their environment and the people around them. They are rarely eloquent and say the right things, but the mere fact they engage people around them. We make it hard for them to engage us because we are very closed and unresponsive. It's a two way street that we block off. In knowing this, I feel even more frustrated, because in principle this is a very simple problem to solve, but in practice, damn near impossible! 

0 Comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Visitors

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF


 download University Notes apps for android

Popular Posts

Flag Counter